Arm Budapest Software team is looking for a highly motivated software student to join Arm’s embedded software teams. The positions are in various teams working on projects across the software stack – firmware, operating systems, device drivers, JIT compilers and Runtimes, middleware, etc.
IF YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT EITHER OF:
– Developing high quality, high-performance software for Arm’s advanced architectures, CPUs, system IP, and integrated sub-systems
– How the firmware and OS interact, and the responsibilities of the firmware
– The challenges of bringing up a new development board
– Exploring the complexities of system architecture and its effect on performance
– Improving the quality of Software development with CI systems (Continuous Integration)
Then we are looking for you to take new challenges in your career path!
=== WHAT WILL I BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR? ===
As an intern, you will work alongside experienced engineers as part of a development team at Arm’s offices in Budapest. Within the team, you will have a mentor and work on tasks that feed into supporting existing projects as well as exploring and prototyping ideas for the future. You will also receive mentorship and support from other team members and have the chance to work across all aspects of the software life cycle.
Tasks vary by team need and are continuously updated to reflect priorities, interns typically work on investigating the feasibility of ideas, extending specific features, comparative analysis of multiple potential solutions and analysing root causes of reported behaviours. Many tasks require working with development platforms, or simulated hardware environments where features are being developed and tested before the physical devices have been built. Most of the positions will give you the opportunity to upstream your code into an Open-Source project.
=== ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALITIES ===
– A real passion for embedded computing that goes beyond your studies
– A creative and structured approach to problem-solving
– Knowledge of C and/or C++
– Comfortable communicating within a small team
– A desire for learning and self-improvement
=== DESIRABLE SKILLS AND QUALITIES ===
– Knowledge of a leading RISC based computer architecture ideally Arm
– Open Source project interaction or contribution
– Operating system kernel or device drivers
– Compilation technology, JIT (Just In Time) compilers and Runtime…
– Android, ChromeOS, RedHat, Debian internals/middleware development
– Linux development or validation
– Experience with Zephyr, FreeRTOS, other RTOS
– Embedded devices, and programming beyond using a microcontroller
– An appreciation of some of the ways in which computer architectures differ
– Hands on experience with hardware and software debuggers
– Knowledge of other languages, such as shell, Perl, Python, Java,
– Haskell or any assembly
– Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, buildbot…)
Arm is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues. We are a diverse organization of dedicated and innovative individuals, and don’t discriminate on the basis of any characteristic.