About this role
The Digital Enterprise Legal team within BlackRock is seeking a Legal Trainee in its Budapest office to join BlackRock’s multi-year professional development program for law school graduates. This program will enable candidates to achieve Hungarian legal qualification, while being trained under the supervision of a global team of commercial transactions attorneys at BlackRock. Successful candidate would potentially reach attorney role by the end of the professional development program. This role will have a diverse workload supporting a number of BlackRock’s global business teams, including: client technology services, index and market data solutions, sourcing/procurement and third-party vendor management and intellectual property, under attorney supervision.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, driven, organized, resourceful and detail-oriented. Essential job functions will include:
· Review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, such as non-disclosure agreements, product trial agreements, and various technology and date licensing agreements (may include vendor and client contracts and amendments) under the supervision of Digital Enterprise Legal attorneys.
· Assist with updating agreement templates.
· Provide support on special projects, as required.
· Identify opportunities to improve legal support and business processes, and devise plans to implement appropriate changes.
· Respond to ad-hoc requests for contract information regarding both client and vendor contracts.
· Work with colleagues in multiple time zones as part of a global team.
· Exceptional analytical, written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, and must be able to work effectively both independently and as a member of the team, in a demanding, fast-paced, global environment.
· Able to manage a large volume of concurrent tasks within specific timeframes, with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness in work.
· Strong written (clear and concise), verbal and interpersonal communications skills in English. Ability to interact comfortably and communicate clearly with a variety of levels of personnel.
· Strong interest in learning about BlackRock, financial technology services, and the investment management industry, and have the ability and desire to develop expertise in new or unfamiliar areas of law.
· 0- 3 years of contracts management/administration experience in a corporate or legal environment (contract review, corporate transactions, etc.) gained either in-house in financial services and/or specialist consulting firms or in a law firm.
· Ability to work in BlackRock’s Budapest-based office.
· Proficiency in Excel and Word is required.
· Completion of Hungarian University Law Degree by or before Summer 2023 required.
· Completion of an LLM in or outside of Hungary is an advantage.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.
Job requisition #